Monday, February 20, 2012

Friends and Family

Good Morning One and All:
I have been enjoying a sum what different kind of visit here in the Sacramento Area for the past week. Came to spend some time with a Missionary Friend who is having some health problems.
Of course while I have been away from home things have been happening to some of my other 'friends and family members'. Part of life in the fast lane I suppose?! What seems to be part of life in general!
I was only here a day when I got a call that informed me my friend Lilly Straw became Grandma again, after a lengthy wait that had her family all on pins and needles. Well it all came about in a very normal and happy way, so that was good news indeed. Then I learned that one of my grand daughters had some extended problems from when her Dad and Mom had visited her just a week earlier, and had everyone on pins and needles in our family. It was quite a scare according to her Blog Account, but again things came to a happy conclusion, for which everyone in our family is very pleased.
All of this brings up that age old question of just why such things happen to such nice folks, and of course we end up with the same age old answer: "Who Knows Why?" As the Sage once said, "Ours not to reason why". No, we just tuck up, lean in and carry on. The one thing we all seem to have to learn in this life is that we are here for the experience and when these things come into our lives, we just have to accept them, adjust to what ever they bring to us, and then smile, for it is soon learned: "This too, came to pass". How I wish for those I love so dearly it wasn't the way some things stress us out, but that is just the way it is.
If love could change these kinds of things, it would be easier, but we are here to learn to experience and endure. What ever we have come our way is the "stuff" that makes us what we are to become. I have that extreme hope that when we reach the end of our journey here we will see the wisdom in all that has transpired in our lives, and to those we love and care for. Then I suppose we will strike our heads with those famous words: "Why didn't I think of that!?" The perfect way of realizing that hind sight was always the way we see the "better way!"
I start home tomorrow. Hoping the traffic will be light, and the drivers who share the highway with me are thoughtful and stay in their lanes and leave me to mine. That I will be able to make all the correct connections with the many Freeways I must "mearge" with when I am suppose to.
My trip up was smooth and enjoyable, I am hoping for a repeat performance for me and my little car. As for my friends here, and those I will be returning to, I hope they are all in good condition and will enjoy life and all of it's many blessings. I feel blessed with having each of them in my life and pray they will keep me in their prays while I am away, and when I return home to find my cat has become very snooty about being left. Which means it will be a time before she makes me her special friend again. They do get an attitude when they are left behind. Of course she wouldn't go with me even if I wanted her to. (I don't believe my friend would welcome MIA because she is allergic to cats.) I will accept what I have to and be happy to make what ever adjustments will be necessary to bring her back into my 'tender loving care'. And of course that goes for each of you as well. God Bless and Keep You!!!!!!

P.S. Thanks Keara for getting me into the Computer Program that was causing me fits.
Found what we needed and hopefully my friend can get her problem worked out!

Written this 20th day of February 2012
by: Eileen C. Rosenberg

No comments:

Post a Comment