Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tomorrow - October 7th - is Dad's Birthday!

By Dad - I mean - John Charles Smith, was born in England in 1898 and brought to the United States in 1900. Too young to remember the trip her and then back to England where he shows up on the 1901 British Census living with his Mother Eliza Bunn Smith and his Grand Parents John Bunn and Maria Chatting Bunn.
Some time after this listing, he was given to his Grand Mother Ellen Frost Horton Smith to raise. She brought him back to the United States in 1909. By then his Father Charles Smith had remarried Carrena Maybell Bowman McIntire Smith.
In all my research, I have never been able to find out what happened to Eliza. I was told she died, but she is not listed in any death record in England, so if she died, it was not as Eliza Bunn or Eliza Smith. If there was a divorce, I have no knowledge of that either, but know my Grand Father would not have remarried unless he was legally free to have done so.
I have written a history on my Dad so will not go further into it at this time. I just felt like a short rememberance of him when it is time for the date of his birth. 7 October 1898 - He would be 111 if his life had not been cut short in an Auto Accident in 1955.
Happy Birthday Dad - where ever you may be - I love you - Charmaine!

No comments:

Post a Comment