Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Continuing "tail" of the Cat

I believe I have written a time of two about MY CAT!
Well, she is over her Ance and has shed all her fur
from the winter and has again trimmed down to a very
"whimpy" looking thing, but I still love her.
This "tail" however is not about MIA, NO, it is about
"her friends". You see our next door neighbor to the
right of us has two cats, well the neighbor to the left
of us has two cats as well, but then, they are not the
Characters the ones to the right are. NO!
Mr. Precious is all black with white whiskers and is
"ancient". He made friends with MIA and their favorite
pass time seems to be rolling on my front sidewalk
trying to out do each other with their "cuteness".
Baby is an all red female who is so shy it is nearly
painful. They have learned over the time MIA has been
here that we have a very Gourmet Feed at our house.
Mr. Precious has taken to scratching on the back Patio
door when he gets hungry to receive a "handout". This
has attracted shy, Baby to come on the porch to share.
Mr. Precious is very accomdating, but she does have
to push him aside at times to be able to get her head
in the dish for her share.
Now they do have a feeder on the front porch of their home
but I notice that Julie is not as good as she might be about
keeping if full, after all, there are a number of cats in the
area, and they all seem to know where the "food" is. I don't
keep anything outside here. MIA eats in the house. I am
just a "soft touch" when it comes to the "scratching" on the
window.
However, that is not what this "Saga" is all about. NO, there
is something so comical going on on my patio I just have to
share it.
While cleaning things up in my office/bedroom last week, I
noticed that MIA had not been sleeping in her bed on the
floor. It is red, fake suede lined with fleece. She would lay
in it occassionaly after I bought it for her, but she prefers
her window bed, so I thought I would put it on the back patio
as I saw Baby was taking a "sunbath" on the stand out
there for the past few weeks. As I placed it where she would
normally lay, she took to it like a duck takes to water. I
enjoyed watching her nap in the sun every afternoon. When
Mr Precious came to scratch for his "beggers portion" she
would get down and enjoy the treat and then return for her
rest. This has gone on for a couple of weeks now. Yesterday
I noticed that she stayed at the dish longer than Mr. Precious.
Next thing I noticed, Mr. Precious had taken over the bed.
NOW when Baby returns, her space has been compromised.
Her solution, she gave him a bath. That didn't change things
so she wormed her way into the bed, as best she could, with
more out than in. Mr. Precious endured it for awhile, but soon
gave up his portion and Baby was ready to assume control.
Later, they were both sitting in the bed. Neither trying to lay
down. Baby again bathing Mr. Precious. I had a good laugh
and Paul had to come out to see the antics of our "fur friends".
When I got up at 5:15 this a.m. I went to see if MIA was in
the bed because she stayed out last night - not her norm, but
she went out just as I went to bed, and I didn't wake up until
then. To my total amusment - in that bed - TOGETHER -
were thosed two cats. One Black and one Red. How they fit
in that bed, is a wonder, but they were both sound asleep.
The Question of the day. Have I enherited two cats, or are they
just sharing because they have found a more comfortable place
to spend the night? Who knows. I will try and get a picture of
this duo and share it if I can.
Cats, aren't they just the MEOW?
Oh, MIA came in the house when I opened the kitchen door.
I have no idea where she spent the night, but she gave me
a good scolding AFTER she had eaten of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment