Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Matriarchs Tribute to the Fathers of the Family

The year, 2010 Fathers Day, June 20th. Listening to "Music and the Spoken Word" this morning my mind flashed back over the years to the real meaning of Father in my own life. I was My Dads "little girl". We were close, and I found that I had a similar attachment to his Father who was a little Englishman with the 'cute' accent. I really didn't have much chance to get to know him all that well because we lived such a distance when I was young. He was in California and I was in Ohio and Pennsylvaia until I was 5 years old. When we moved to California in 1935 we lived in the same house, so I did have a chance to get close to him, however when we moved into our own home there was little time to continue that association and my Grand Father passed away before I turned 7. Sad tale is I lost all my Grand Parents before I was 9 years old.
Well that is far from the thoughts I had this morning.
Jay, my husband, was a terrific Dad. We only had two children to share time with him, but he enjoyed his family, and I believe was loved in return as all Dads are!
When our daughter married she chose a Father for her children that was every bit, if not more to his family than Jay was to ours. Greg always had time for the kids. The closeness has blossomed into his being a 'super' Grand Dad as well. Lucky Grand Children!
Our oldest Grand Daughter Keara, picked a great Father for their family as well. Jeremiah seems to have managed to be envoloved with their children in a very grand way. What a joy to watch him with Jedediah while taking time to help Jarom follow in the same foot steps. The girls love their Dad, and are close as well in their special way.
Nemiha found a Father for her family who is just as dedicated, and loving. What a pleasure to watch these young men step up and fill the shoes of other Fathers who have gone on before them.
Gower, our Grandson has given us two sweet Grandsons, and he too has shown the good qualities of a 'great' Dad. The support he gives to his family follows along the same lines as those of his Dad and Grand Father.
The example seems to continue on.
Shayla has just this past week advanced Curtis into the Father league. He hasn't quite learned all the steps of Fatherhood yet, but I have little doubt he will match all the qualities the others have exhibited in short order. It is hard not to slip into the mode when those darling little ones enter into the household. That overwhelming love that captures a person is hard to explain, and very difficult to understand how you had gone so long without such feelings. Something you never outgrow once you have experienced it.
Fathers are just about the grandest people in our lives. Or at least in our Family anyway. Young men who have stepped up to the responsibility of being their in every cituation. Who have, and continue to set great examples for their families. I am greatful for each one. Being Grandma has come easy with such fine additions. At this writting there are four boys and four girls in our family. We started with 2 children which was advanced to 4 Grand Children now there are 8 Great Grand Children. Pretty good arithmetic I'd say.
Well - Happy Fathers Day to all the Men in the Family from their olde Grandma "R". I couldn't be more proud of them if I had been Mother to the whole bunch. You add so much to my life everyday. We not live close, I may not see you as often as I would like, but you are ever in my heart and my love is with you where ever you may be. Thank you for being the kind of Men I can look up to and admire. Particularly, thank you for being the Fathers you are. Your children are most fortunate. God Bless and keep you all.

Written this 20th day of June 2010
by: Eileen Rosenberg

No comments:

Post a Comment