Thursday, January 8, 2009

Some Poetry Penned by Grandma

For Me and My Guy

I have loved you, through lifes many trials.
Over smooth or rough roads, across many miles.
Our marriage was not "until death do us part",
This relationship was eternal, right from the start.

Time now stands quietly awaiting that greeting,
That glorious moment of our eternal meeting.
Faith has cemented this love we have shared,
Along lifes highway where we planned, and we dared.

Yes! planned for the future of family and companion,
In times of great joy, sweet love with our planning.
Sweethearts forever is what we envisioned,
Within Gods' plan it was fully commissioned.

Now parted by death - who is our friend in disguise,
Lifting us beyond these earthly skies.
Today your eternity already started,
Soon we will scarse feel we have been parted.

Hope glows before me - You'll be there,
Going before to plan and prepare.
Love lights my path each remaining day of my life,
For we'll be together where there is no more strife.

God loves us, you and I, as now we're apart,
His love binds us both, in spirit and in heart.
Resurrection; that great gift for one and for all,
So special to us - for we understand its' call.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

March 2003 - Remembering Jay

Beyond earths sunsets - through paradise doors,
Passed our beloved whom we all adored.
Sleeping in Christ - his body now resting,
Beyond mortal trials and these earthly testings.

We all have shed tears at this time of our parting,
Knowing true life for him or her is just starting.
Returning home from whence he or she came,
Renewing relationshiops and hearing his or her name.

Life has no stops - it has no places for rest,
Each simply continues - enduring lifes test.
Rewards do await us - they are both large and small,
The way he or she passes, is awaiting us all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aug 1984 - Granny

I've gone home to my rest and my family I'll greet,
Friends and realatives I will happily meet.
Reviewing the many joys known from our past,
My mortal body is resting - my spirit is free at last.

Death is but one doorway through which we must enter,
A kingdom of glory, a new life, with exciting adventure.
Life has no beginning - and so has no end,
Though the road may be rocky with many a bend.

Our true happiness comes from knowing eternal,
Is more than a word it is supernal.
What now I leave - the things I have known,
These too will in an eternity bloom.

This - my life - it is not over, but only begun,
I'm traveling onward - upward until I have come,
To that home I've been building by words and by deeds,
While I labored on earth amongst all of these weeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment