Saturday, June 6, 2009

This is for Nemiha

I haven't written a Blog especially for you - so here goes.

I wasn't able to be there when you were born. I was working at the Bank in Anaheim at the time and waited until I got the call you were here before I took time off to come and be of some help with the family. While I was getting ready to come up, I received a call from your Great Grand Mother that Amiee Smith had been born shortly after you arrived. So there were two special
girls that came into the Smith/Rosenberg family on the same day. Our happiness was doubled.

I guess I would have to say you were the fiesty one. When I would put you down for your nap you were not happy. At the time you had a "lullaby bird" on your crib. We would play, "I don't want to go to sleep". I would tell you the "bird" wanted to go to sleep - so you'd kick it. That made it play a tune. When it would quit, I would tell you: "see he wants to sleep". You would kick it again. This would keep up until you both were "quiet". It worked everytime. I don't think I fooled you, I think it was just a great "play time" for you. Whatever.

I don't remember when your parents got the Big Poo Bear. It was being knocked around by you kids and the name stuck. You became "Poo Bear". Funny how those things start and then just hang on. We have all loved it, I hope you have as well?

I believe the best time I had with you - all be it a rough time for you - is when I was able to come and teach you Seminary while you recovered from your accident. Those were special times for me. I don't know how much you learned, but the time with you was so very special to me. Such times are rare, and I am most greatful for the opportunity to share with you some of the things I had learned.

Of all the Grand Children you were the most "outgoing". You could gather a crowd around you in the shortest amount of time I have ever seen. Your time in High School and then again when you attended Cuesta College. I don't think any of us will forget the Show you were in and the dances you perfomed. What a great night that was for all of us. I am not sure your Dad was at much ease when you were being thrown around, but it was a great show.

Then you were off to Utah and your "great adventure". I didn't have much information about those days, but it was when you made stides into the life you are now enjoying. What a chance meeting you had with Lance, and how it changed your life.

Lance has told me neither of you were looking for a relationship at the time. Both had been in a bad relationship before. Whatever the cause of your getting together, or how happenstance it may have seemed, I am greatful for it. It made such a great addition to our family.

When you called to tell us you were engaged, Jay was not doing well. I am sad that Lance did not get to meet or know him. They would have been great friends I am sure. He was happy for you I know.

I was pleased I was able to be with you when you went to the Temple for the first time. It was such a great day for me. Your happiness was apparent. Attending your Sealing Session was a time for family and friends to be together with you and Lance. Taking the pictures was a neat
experience as well.

I appreciated you two coming and helping me when I moved in and then when I moved out of my Apartment in Salt Lake City. Having you with me was so special. The night we went out to celebrate your Anniversary while I was there. Well those were very special times for me and
ones I remember often.

When Phyl and I came to visit after you had AviJae was a fun time as well. We did that twice as I recall. I have so enjoyed your Blog where you keep us updated on what is going on at your house, and how AviJae is growing and becoming such a personality. Things we would miss if it wasn't for the time you spend keeping us up dated. Thanks!

There have been a great many changes around your home since I was there, I may not be able to find you when I come the next time. I hope Map Quest will be brought up to date by then.
The last time it had me going in all the wrong directions. When I did get to where things looked farmiliar, so much building was going on, I drove right past my turn off. Well we made it back on Sunday, so it all worked out.

We have enjoyed our time with you - Grand Dad and I. The years have quickly come and gone. Distance hasn't made much difference in our love and joy in having you - all of you - up there as part of our family. Thank you for the Blog, and for all the things you have added to our lives. You may be a distance away physically, but you are always in our hearts.

I love you Nemiha - Grandma Rosenberg

Written this 6th day of June, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment