Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A step back in time!

I was enjoying AviJae and her antics as a "sneky little devil". Hadn't tought about this for such a long time, until that showed up on the "Stude" blog. Then the old mind remembered Mom telling about me when I was about that age. So her goes!
Seems I was "small", and I think I have Blogged about that before, but I dont' believe I retold this. Mom would have to be Oh! so careful when she put things in or took things out of drawers in any part of the house. If she left even the smallest opening that I could work with, I would pull the drawer open, pull all the contents out and then climb and and peek out. When she would come looking for me, she would find a pile of clean linen, or what ever on the floor, and me inside the drawer. Apparently, I thought that was such great fun.
One day she caught me in the act. There I was kneeling on the floor and reaching in, then pulling out and throwning behind me all here clean table clothes. If she had been a few minutes later, she would have found me inside the drawer. Who knows why kids do such things. I guess it might be because "they can". Adventure is such a fun thing to be envolved in.
I may have told this before, but just in case. When I was about 3 or 4 they would put me to bed in my room that was just at the top of the stairs in our two story home in Greensburg, Pennsylvania. I don't ever remember being in a crib. When they would leave me, they would lay Dads shaving strap on the landing. As a warning I would get a licking if I came back down those stairs. Mom said for quite awhile after they would put me down they would hear a little voice say: "till there". Which ment I had come to the door and looked out. Finding the strap still on the landing, I would go back to bed. Eventually to fall asleep. You know I don't ever remember being hit with that strap, but it must have made quite an impression on my mind. Whatever, it worked. Being the baby of the family, and having two older brothers made it hard for me to be anything but spoiled. Well that and being the only girl in two generations didn't hurt either. How I wish I had a video of some of those days in Pennsylvania. They are still so vivid in my mind. I believe I remember things that happened when I was only about 3 years old. Not great long memories, just snippits. One thing I do remember is when I had croupe and would cough for long periods of time I would asked God to help the coughing stop. I don't remember anyone telling me to do that, I just knew if I asked, I would get some relief. Those are some of the nicest memories that I have. Such faith and so young - wonderful!
written this 22 day of July 2009
by: Eileen Rosenberg

No comments:

Post a Comment