Wednesday, July 8, 2009

What A Surprise

Sunday - the 5th of July 2009 - after Church, I stopped at Little Mexico in Templeton to pick up a bite to eat for Paul and myself. Not anything unusual about that really. I haven't been there for quite awhile, but while I was driving home, it struck me that might be a nice treat for Paul. After I had picked up our order, I got back in Pauls car, mine still has a low tire, and as I was backing out of the parking space, I noticed a black and white going South on Main Street. Before I got to the driveway to leave the parking lot, I noticed the black and white making a sudden U-turn. I decided I had better not turn out in front of the Police Car, so sat in the drive way. I was quite surprised when the black and white turned into the driveway and stopped next to me. I had never given it a thought that Gower was on duty. I rolled my window down and said very sweetly: "I hope you aren't going to arrest me?". Gower just laughed and said: "No, it is too much trouble." He said he was on a wrap around. He had worked the 4th until 3 a.m. and then had to come back on duty for his regular shift. He was tired, and he looked it. We chatted for a few minutes and said our "good-byes" and went our seperate ways.
Brought to mind the night we were coming home from Atascadero when red lights were flashing in our rear window. All I could hear Jay saying was: "Greg, don't do this to me." Sure enough, it was Greg. He had seen us heading home and caught up with us, just for the FUN OF IT.
These are the moments that stick into the minds of those of us who know we haven't done anything, but remember all the times we did, and weren't caught. Greatful even more that it is a loved one that is just "catching up" with us to say "hello". Sure appreciate the short visits, and
greatful to know that we have someone that "special" in our lives.
Written this 8th day of July, 2009
by: Eileen Rosenberg

No comments:

Post a Comment