Saturday, May 16, 2009

May Disclaimer for My Blogging

As I have sat here writting, and then later thinking about what I have recalled, it dawned on me what I experienced may not be anywhere near what those I have talked about recall. Now that in no way means I have willingly, or intensionally erred. It simply means we don't all see things in the same light as someone else may.

For instance, children may remember things they way they saw them at the time. It does not change the way I saw or felt about them. When love and family relaltionships are envolved, it is very hard to put one slant on anything. Parents are trying to assist their children into making right choices and actions that will bring them the most happiness. Children feel as if they are being hurded around, corrected, with their feelings seldom concidered along the way. Such is the way things are.

It is amazing how much more intelligent our parents are when we ourselves gain a few years and are launched into parenthood without a code or resource manual. Just how smart we learn our parents were when we ourselves face those experiences of children who would like to make us believe a thing just "didn't really happen that way". I remember appreciating my Mom more after my first encountered "young love" with my own children. I believe I wrote her a long letter thanking her for the example she had set for such times.

I hope you will read with an open mind, and try to put what I remembered into perspective with your own thoughts, if the Blog has you envolved. If you are reading as an observer, I trust you will take from the experience something that will enrich your life, or help you through a similar circumstance with better enlightenment than you would have otherwise had. Everything we face in this life is only a learning experience, and the more we get out of each lesson the better prepared we become for facing the next one that will be waiting for us around the corner. We all have to remember that: "none of us will get out of this alive". With this thought, we move into the next one that is equally as valuable, I hope, "what ever intelligence we attain unto in this life will rise with us in the resurrection".

Each of us has our own personality and character. Both need to be nourished and enlarged while we make our way through this mortal existence. I have never forgotten that: "pretty is as pretty does", that reminded me that it isn't how I looked, but how I acted or reacted that told who and what I was. Conversation is a great asset only so long as our words are in line with good manners and concideration for those who may be listening. Being smart may just sometime mean keeping ones mouth shut. I believe it was Jimmy Stewart in the Movie "Harvey" who had made the observation he chose being "Oh! so pleasant" over being "Oh! so smart". Both have their place in life, the trick is knowing which is correct under the circumstance we are in.

I never thought of myself as pretty, or smart. I'm not sure I was even all that pleasant. I do recall being "fair" was a big part of what I tried to do when dealing with friends or family. It may not have seemed like it to the other party, but it was my goal. Either way, these "ramblings" have been a source of reflection and joy for me. If they have, or will bring half what they brought to me in the remembering, I will have been richly prepaid.

Written this 16th day of May 2009
by: Eileen Rosenberg

No comments:

Post a Comment