Saturday, January 9, 2010

When I was little I had croupe

Now that I think of it, this may well have been the start of my asthma. At the time it was just a childhood malady that I was cursed with. I don't remember how "young" I was when one night I had a very serious attack and I found myself laying in bed asking God to not let me cough anymore - it hurt so badly. Now that I reflect on that night, I realize I must have only been about 3 or 4 years old. It has always amazed me that at that age I knew to ask God to help me. My family did not go to Church and I don't recall ever hearing any talk about religion of faith of any kind in our home. I remember that the folks saw that we made Sunday School because we were always dressed to the 9's for Holiday services. I recall that I had learned a speaking part for one Easter. Which was when I was 5, just before we moved to California.
With all of this, I do not recall ever being active in a religious enviornment that young, but I do have faint recollections of attending "Daily Vacation Bible School". Whether it was back in our old hometown of Greensberg, Pennsylvania or after we moved to California is not clear in my memory. All I know is when I was hurting, I was mindful to call upon God for help. Not only asking for that help, but really believing that He would help. The faith of a child. How sweet.

Written this 9th day of January 2010
by: Eileen Rosenberg

No comments:

Post a Comment